Wednesday, July 24, 2013

DETACH

One of my series from ONTOLOGICAL, the exhibition opening this Thursday @ Skylight Gallery !
Please contact Samantha Levin for any inquiries: art@artanagnorisis.com 646.712.2820

This is a drawing series I started working on during my last visit to Russia. These works were originally brought forth from the need to continue my experimental process, after the completion of the modus operandi sketchbook. Since intuitive at its roots, the theme of the series was open for a long time. Eventually I realized that content was being injected into it, derived from events and experiences during my stay.

Upon getting closer to completion it became evident that the central concept was letting go of a place in a material sense. Time and space are connected, and since memory is of a specific point, which has been gone, the relationship to it is only present on a non physical level. The essence is the thing of value to me, while due to a lack of connection in the current point in time, the space in its material form becomes alien.

*Poem in Detach #10 "I Hate Mankind" by Konstantin Balmont


IMPERMANENCE



SUPPORT



EXTERNAL



PAST



HOME



THORAX



TORN



STRING



TRANSIENT



I HATE MANKIND



WITHDRAWN



No comments:

Post a Comment